CB Insights today named Enfuce to the fourth annual Fintech 250, a prestigious list of emerging private companies working on groundbreaking financial technology. This year’s list was unveiled on stage at CB Insights’ Future of Fintech conference in New York City.
“This is the fourth class of the Fintech 250, and it’s also the most international, representing 26 countries. These 250 fintech startups are attacking an incredibly diverse array of financial services opportunities across 19 sectors, including digital banking, insurance, payroll, retail investing, and more,” said CB Insights CEO Anand Sanwal. “After being named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 last year, the 2020 class saw 17 companies go public and 25 get acquired. They also went on to raise over $25B in additional financing and forged more than 380 new partnerships after being recognized. The Fintech 250 has a history of spotlighting the very best fintech companies, and this year is no different. We’re excited to see how these fintech startups disrupt and transform financial services in the years ahead.”
“We’re proud and privileged to be on the Fintech 250 list: It is a great achievement for us. We are here to revolutionise the payment industry and honoured to be listed amongst other innovative fintech startups.”
Through an evidence-based approach, the CB Insights Intelligence Unit selected the Fintech 250 from a pool of over 17,000 companies, including applicants and nominees. They were chosen based on several factors, including data submitted by the companies, company business models and momentum in the market, and Mosaic scores, CB Insights’ proprietary algorithm that measures the overall health and growth potential of private companies.
Enfuce is a Nordic payment service provider who helps fintechs, banks, financial institutions, and merchants to launch a payment card in weeks rather than months. In total, Enfuce has received €15M in funding to scale and expand to major European markets, including €5M from Tencent. Currently, Enfuce has over 80 driven professionals in the Nordics and over 13 million end users on its platform.
Fintech 250 2021: Investment Highlights
- Unicorns: 118 of the 250 companies (47%) are valued at or above $1B as of their latest funding round
- Funding trends: In 2021 year-to-date (YTD), these 250 private companies have raised $40.3B in equity funding across 275 deals (as of 9/14/21)
- Mega-rounds: Since 2020, there have been 178 mega-round ($100M+) equity investments to this year’s Fintech 250, with 138 of them in 2021 YTD
- Global representation: 36% of the 2021 Fintech 250 are based outside the US. After the US, the UK is home to the most Fintech 250 companies (25), followed by India (12). This year’s winners are based in 26 countries, including France, Brazil, Germany, Indonesia, and Nigeria.
- Top VC investor: Ribbit Capital is the most active investor in this year’s Fintech 250 companies, having invested in 62 deals since 2016. Since 2019, Ribbit has participated in 41 deals with this cohort of companies, including to Nubank, Uala, Brex, Vouch, Razorpay, and BharatPe. Tiger Global Management and Accel were close behind with 57 and 55 deals, respectively.
For more information:
Monika Liikamaa, CEO & Co-Founder, Enfuce, +358 50306 5213, email@example.com
About CB Insights
CB Insights builds software that enables the world’s best companies to discover, understand, and make technology decisions with confidence. By marrying data, expert insights, and work management tools, clients manage their end-to-end technology decision-making process on CB Insights. To learn more, please visit www.cbinsights.com.
Enfuce offers payment, open banking and sustainability services to banks, fintechs, financial operators, and merchants. By combining industry expertise, innovative technology and compliance, Enfuce delivers long-term and scalable solutions quickly and securely. Founded in Finland, Enfuce recently expanded its geographic presence in Germany, Latvia, Sweden, and the UK and has over 16 million active card users on their platform from whom Enfuce processes close to €1 billion transactions annually.
Enfuce has raised multiple rounds of venture capital funding and has been recognised by e.g. TheFinTech50, Visa Fintech Fast Track programme, Mastercard Lighthouse Development Programme, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and as winner of the 2019 PayTech Award for “Best Payments solution for Payment Systems in the Cloud”.
NEWS & INSIGHTS